2 replies [Last post]
HiPPLeS's picture
Juice: 46
Was this information Helpful?

Hello. I'm working on the Hemp and Company webstore (www.hempandcompany.com. We've set up paypal website payments pro, have a security certificate installed and running with secure pages and all.

While there are probably a few display issues (my css needs some work), everything else about the site should be up and running fine. However, yesterday one or two of our customers reported to us that they were having issues with the check out (which can be confirmed by a number of orders getting stuck "in checkout").

Essentially what happens is that the whole checkout process works fine until the final stage for confirmation.
When you're done reviewing your order, if the customer is paying with credit card, there are certain instances where the page stalls for a few moments, then returns just a blank white page. (One or two of our customers thought they were done at this point and left it, leaving us to discover their order not technically completed (but "in checkout") a few days later.)

I've been trying to troubleshoot a number of different things.
- I've confirmed all the paypal IPN settings
- I disabled the test gateway entirely (just in case that was conflicting somehow)
- I changed the site theme and ran a few tests in a different theme (on the off hand chance that something about the custom theme was getting in the way).

Despite my attempts though, I'm still getting errors with the following test:
For all of my testing, things seem to work alright if you enter a correct card number. (Although some of our valid customers might of had issues here, I haven't been able to repeat the "blank page" issue consistently with a correct card myself.)

When I test with a "00000.." card number, the final review is rejected properly.
If I enter a random card number (incorrect) it's also rejected properly.

The one time I've been able to reliably recreate the issue is by entering a "4111..." card number. It seems I've tried it at least 100 times. Most of the time, clicking "review" takes me back to a blank page. Occasionally it lets me know the card is invalid. Once or twice it returned drupal status errors about the number not working, but then the rest of the page showed the order confirmation as if things worked alright.

So I'm not really sure what to do next... my boss wants the site running so we can still make web sales, and for the most part things work okay. However, we're concerned that this blank page is cropping up at certain times and might be causing some lost orders. As mentioned, the only truly reliable time I can repeat it is if the card number entered is the "4111..." (but as mentioned from certain customers, the issues may be occurring to some of our legitimate orders as well).

Any suggestions or ideas? I'd really appreciate some direction on this one. Thanks in advance!

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Re: Paypal Pro - blank pages after reviewing order?

I guess I'd point you next to the Apache error log. Check it out and see if it turns up anything like a memory limit or some other PHP error.

djogiya's picture
Juice: 9
same issue blank page at after review order

Hello please help to solve

Thanks

I have check my server log an it give me error message of :

[Sat Feb 04 01:35:49 2012] [error] [client 66.249.67.9] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

Thanks.... Devang