13 replies [Last post]
stephthegeek's picture
Theminator
Juice: 575
Was this information Helpful?

What's the best approach for this? We need an easier way (easier than manually!) to let customers of specific products (or groups of products) know when their product has been updated.

Gorgeous original Drupal themes (and Ubercart themes!) ~ Psst: more Ubercart themes on our new site

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Re: Send email to customers who have purchased certain products

afaik, nothing's been written to facilitate this. A module can generally look at the uc_order_products table and deduce e-mail addresses from that. I don't think it would be that difficult, though getting the UI right might be. Sticking out tongue

stephthegeek's picture
Theminator
Juice: 575
Re: Send email to customers who have purchased certain products

I was afraid you'd say that Sticking out tongue But as far as I can tell, in the meantime there's not a way in the UC reports to just see who has purchased a certain product?

Gorgeous original Drupal themes (and Ubercart themes!) ~ Psst: more Ubercart themes on our new site

Ryan's picture
Re: Re: Send email to customers who have purchased certain produ

Sadly, no. Sad

torgosPizza's picture
Bug FinderEarly adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 4111
Re: Re: Re: Send email to customers who have purchased certain p

Reports itself could use a little bit of feature enhancement... my #1 request is that Product sales reports would also have the Date filtering forms... but I can wait Smiling

--
Help directly fund development: Donate via PayPal!

Ryan's picture
torgosPizza wrote:my #1
torgosPizza wrote:

my #1 request is that Product sales reports would also have the Date filtering forms... but I can wait Smiling

Bill Mounce of Teknia.com just sponsored that work for 1.x. I'll be putting it in for the 1.7 release. Smiling

torgosPizza's picture
Bug FinderEarly adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 4111
Ryan wrote:torgosPizza
Ryan wrote:
torgosPizza wrote:

my #1 request is that Product sales reports would also have the Date filtering forms... but I can wait Smiling

Bill Mounce of Teknia.com just sponsored that work for 1.x. I'll be putting it in for the 1.7 release. Smiling

Once again you guys are on the ball. Awesome!

--
Help directly fund development: Donate via PayPal!

jibbajabba's picture
Juice: 133
Re: Ryan wrote:torgosPizza

I would be interesting in helping sponsor or contributing to a bounty for an email to customers feature. I could help come up with a conservative list of requirements and UI suggestions for this.

NSchade's picture
Juice: 16
Views?

I keep wonder why the sales and customer data can't be made available to Views. This might allow all the reports people might want, but it could provide powerful capabilities.

keyone's picture
Juice: 95
Re: Views?

This feature is available in workflow-ng. You can add an action to email a customer on checkout completed (or whatever action you want) and a condition of having a certain item in their cart. But, the items available to select do not include feature attribute skus, so won't work for my needs. Unless I fix that!

NSchade wrote:

I keep wonder why the sales and customer data can't be made available to Views. This might allow all the reports people might want, but it could provide powerful capabilities.

I have the same question. Seems surprising nobody has done this. I was trying to come up with a list of users and their addresses as added by uc_addresses. But that data was not available in Views.

codebutcher's picture
Juice: 15
any updates?

Given it's now Sept 2010, is there any updates on such a module for emailing customers regarding product updates? I've searched but the only thing I could find was workflow which is only drupal 5.x and I'm on drupal 6.x and ubercart 2.x.

The best I can find is if I assign users to roles based on the product(s) they purchase. If this is the only way to do this, how do i then email members with a specific role? Do I need a module for that or is there a drupal way to do this?

Cayenne's picture
Juice: 620
Re: any updates?

"Who bought what" will give you an email list.

codebutcher's picture
Juice: 15
Re: Re: any updates?

Thanks! "who bought what" module is perfect.

tordrup's picture
Juice: 19
Emailing customers who bought a product

I'm writing a simple module that lets you email customers who bought a particular product.

It depends on Who Bought What. It uses javascript to wrap the Who Bought What list of email addresses in a form. The form submits to my module's page, where the message can be composed and sent.

I'd like to add a dependency to some sort of mail queuing or throttling module, to reduce the risk of getting blacklisted. I was thinking of depending on http://drupal.org/project/queue_mail, but it's in dev. MailQ (http://drupal.org/project/mailq) is still in alpha. Any recommendations?