I'm working on setting up a site where managers can book their employees/minions onto courses.
Some simple requirements:
1) Courses can be held several times, each with a limited capacity.
2) managers pay for those courses (using a payment system not supported by Ubercart).
3) managers can book different people onto different courses in a single transaction: "I'll send Al and Bob on the French course, and Bob and Chris on German..."
4) managers can see a usage history of the minions("Oh wait, Al's already taken French...")
5) Minions don't need Drupal logins, but do need contact details (name, address, etc) taken.
6) Managers need to be Drupal users.
I've got about five days to do this whole site from scratch, so I'm leery of rolling my own, hence turning to Drupal and Ubercart.
I've been searching the forums for something like this manager/minion system, searching for "booking", "affiliate", "partner", etc, but not seen anything that looks likely to be usable for this out of the box.
Can anyone suggest modules that might help build it?
From point 1 ("Courses can be held several times, each with a limited capacity"), I'm thinking that course dates would be product variations, IF product variations can be limited on a per-variation basis?
From point 2 ("a payment system not supported by Ubercart") - how much work does a payment plugin for Ubercart take to write?
Viewing their employees' course histories is the biggie, though, I think. Any suggestions towards that one would be helpful, as I have no idea even where to start.