18 replies [Last post]
allanx's picture
Juice: 25
Was this information Helpful?

Hoping for some advice...

I've been researching this for months with no real success.

My client needs an online Event Registration and Payment system.

We're currently using a basic setup where users book the event using a separate registration form. Then another section for Paypal... Its usable but they want more functionality. The site is here: http://erisj.org.au

I've tried CiviCRM, but whilst an amazing CRM it was a nightmare to install and far too complex for my client to use. So I've been fiddling with Ubercart and Webform etc. I still can't quite find a solution to the issue though, and I'm hoping some fellow Drupallers can help me... Smiling

This is what we want:

1. Browsing the site, a user chooses an event to register for - either from a page with a list of upcoming events, or from the Event Calendar etc. The event's page has a Book Now! button, which takes them to the Registration page.

2. On the Registration page:

- user fills in various fields (Name, Address, Email, Phone etc).
- user also selects one of four Event Types (workshop, seminar etc)
- user selects a Booking Type (Government, NGO, Corporate, Individual)

They they click a Register button, which goes to the Shopping Cart.

3. Shopping Cart (Ubercart) displays the amount determined by the user's selection from the previous page. User okays the amount and...

4. Off to Paypal to process the payment.

After scouring forums it seems there are various ways to do this but I need a how-to guide.

Any advice would be appreciated...

Using Drupal 6.2 with Ubercart 2, and Webform.

thanks
allanx

(Also posed on drupal.org: http://drupal.org/node/390548)

mliu's picture
Juice: 65
use uc_node_checkout

See this link also:
http://www.ubercart.org/forum/support/9163/using_ubercart_person_coursec...

Also check out the the website ... I think it is called justracing.com. It was featured on drupal.org a few weeks ago.

I doing something like exactly what you want. I am pretty sure uc_node_checkout is the way to go.

I have looked at webforms but it does not integrate with CCK/DATE using which you can get all kinds of power and flexibility to do what you want.

I am sure that is probably possible to do it with Webform also using the additional processing section ... but I think you will find down the road in the checkout process there will be problems like editing the forms etc.

Mike

meeven's picture
Juice: 29
Re: Advice on how to set up Event Registration and Payment with

I don't think you need the complexity of Ubercart either. Take a look at the signup_pay module:
http://drupal.org/project/signup_pay

It's in dev status, but kbahey is a top drupal developer, so it's probably fine.

allanx's picture
Thanks!

Hey thanks heaps for the responses,

I have uc_node_checkout, but am unsure of how to make it suit my purpose as I have described above.

The just racing site is good but I'd like to see some docs on how to do it.

I have looked into Signup_pay (in dev) but its actually for D5. I'm using D6. So probably won't work.

So I still don't grasp the basic step on how to achieve my goals here...

But thanks anyway. Any more advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks...

tcindie@drupal.org's picture
Getting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 440
Re: Thanks!

I've done MOST of the conversion process for the signup_pay module here for you... the theme functions still need to be updated, but I'm not very clear on how to go about doing that, nor is reading the module's code giving me much insight as to what needs to be changed...

BUT, this gets it most of the way there... If you want to try to do the rest of the conversion, the drupal info about updating what needs to be updated is here...

The part that needs to be addressed is this function:

function theme_signup_pay_receipt($uid, $nid, $mode = '')

Follow me on twitter.

allanx's picture
Re: Re: Thanks!

Thanks for the help, but the conversion process and php functions are way beyond my skills.

And I'm not even sure if the Sign up Pay module would be the answer to my problem...

Any advice?

allanx

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Re: Re: Re: Thanks!

I demoed using UC Node Checkout for a similar setup in my Advanced Ubercart Usage session at Drupalcon DC. You can find a video link in my session's node on the Drupalcon site.

allanx's picture
Thanks Ryan, Once I've got

Thanks Ryan,

Once I've got it functional, I'll do a write-up...

cheers

allanx's picture
Thanks but...

Hi Ryan,

Thanks. Appreciate all your efforts.

I viewed the video (very difficult to read the data projection and follow the limited instructions) but would really like to see a basic step-by-step guide on how you set up the system on the http://livetest.ubercart.org/uc2/catalog/events test site.

My client wants almost exactly the same setup as the ubercart test site above. But I can't seem to figure out the process.

Besides the 150MB video referred to earlier - which didn't really help much is there some documentation anywhere on how to set it up?
Have you written a "users guide" anywhere?

thanks
allanx

Ryan's picture
Re: Thanks but...

Unfortunately, not yet.

Cayenne's picture
Juice: 620
Views Help on event signup

Hey, great talk on video. I am up and running and taking registrations.

Now, I need a nice way to display the signups. Specifically, if there are a dozen (or a hundred) orders, I want to display a list of them, together with the some of the data set out in their associated node checkout nodes.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start with this. I have Views, NodeCheckout, Node Reference, and UC Views installed, and I am moodling around with them, but can't seem to get the deal closed.

Can someone give me three hints?

Ryan's picture
You do need a custom View
  1. You do need a custom View to list out the created nodes (I recommend a table view).
  2. You should filter it by node type for whatever your registration node type is.
  3. You can add any CCK field to the View, so that should cover your data requirements.
Cayenne's picture
Thanks Ryan!

Thanks Ryan!

These three things I have done. That works well. The remaining item that confuses me is how to incorporate data related to the order that gave rise to the node.

In other words, I am seeing all my entry forms, and I'd like to know, at a minimum, which ones are based on orders that have been paid for.

What would really get me up on my toes would be the ability to show other info from the order, including customer info like email, but I am not greedy. Oh wait, I am, but I suppress it.

Ryan's picture
Re: Thanks Ryan!

There isn't full on Views integration for orders just yet, though sammys has it in the works. For now you'd have to add fields to the node form that are hidden from customers and populate them w/ data from the order during checkout or something. I posted a snippet I used for this in another Node Checkout thread.

Cayenne's picture
Re: Re: Thanks Ryan!

Thanks again. I shall (1) eagerly await sammys' thing (2) search for your snippet and (3) content myself in the interim with some custom SQL queries to satisfy my immediate needs.

Ah, the painful joy of early adoption!

Marc Cepeda's picture
Juice: 3
Re: Re: Thanks Ryan!

I'm a bit surprised that this still isn't in a simple-to-deploy module yet. Considering that this thread is now over a year old, would it be possible for someone to post that snippet or a link to the thread Ryan mentioned in the post above?

Much appreciated. Thank you.

Cayenne's picture
Re: Re: Re: Thanks Ryan!

The Who Bought What module incorporates links to the created nodes. I made that, deployed it, and stopped worrying about the rest...

thill's picture
Juice: 815
Re: Re: Re: Thanks Ryan!
mautzu's picture
Juice: 3
Re: Advice on how to set up Event Registration and Payment with

this is very useful information but on Internet Yellow Pages also can find good information about anything, business advice, phone numbers, information about important directors almost everything you want.