Hoping for some advice...
I've been researching this for months with no real success.
My client needs an online Event Registration and Payment system.
We're currently using a basic setup where users book the event using a separate registration form. Then another section for Paypal... Its usable but they want more functionality. The site is here: http://erisj.org.au
I've tried CiviCRM, but whilst an amazing CRM it was a nightmare to install and far too complex for my client to use. So I've been fiddling with Ubercart and Webform etc. I still can't quite find a solution to the issue though, and I'm hoping some fellow Drupallers can help me...
This is what we want:
1. Browsing the site, a user chooses an event to register for - either from a page with a list of upcoming events, or from the Event Calendar etc. The event's page has a Book Now! button, which takes them to the Registration page.
2. On the Registration page:
- user fills in various fields (Name, Address, Email, Phone etc).
- user also selects one of four Event Types (workshop, seminar etc)
- user selects a Booking Type (Government, NGO, Corporate, Individual)
They they click a Register button, which goes to the Shopping Cart.
3. Shopping Cart (Ubercart) displays the amount determined by the user's selection from the previous page. User okays the amount and...
4. Off to Paypal to process the payment.
After scouring forums it seems there are various ways to do this but I need a how-to guide.
Any advice would be appreciated...
Using Drupal 6.2 with Ubercart 2, and Webform.
(Also posed on drupal.org: http://drupal.org/node/390548)