7 replies [Last post]
jamie's picture
Juice: 40
Was this information Helpful?

damn frustrating,
I am a so novice when it comes to theme editing.

could someone show me step by step
how to customize the product pages.

please see attachments.

THANKS A LOT

(edit: D7 & UC 3)

PreviewAttachmentSize
Untitled-1.pngUntitled-1.png16.19 KB
jamie's picture
Do I make that "table" to css

Do I make that "table"
to css file
or node--product.tpl.php
or??

Geva's picture
Juice: 112
Re: Product page theming

Hi,
yes,
build it width table or width 3 divs as shown in attach,
in the node--product.tpl.php

I like so I built width divs, for example: http://drupalthemes.gevapc.hu/hu/product/blue-person-psd - in node--product.tpl.php
I recommend to read it: http://ubercart.org/forum/theming_and_design/23764/drupal_7_ubercart_3x_...

AttachmentSize
divs.png 27.5 KB
jamie's picture

I'm pretty helpless beginner.
I do not fully realize what that must be done.

Can you give me step by step instructions?
If necessary, I can pay you a little about this Smiling

mykz-'s picture
Juice: 210
Hey Jamie, I'm in the process

Hey Jamie,

I'm in the process of writing a new tutorial for theming ubercart but for now if you need any themeing step by steps you can inbox me here or add me to skype my username is mike.senature.

Speak soon.

-Mike

mayankgrd's picture
Juice: 3
Theming for Ubercart

Hi mykz!
We are building a new spiritual website and we are planning to purchase a professional drupal theme. As there are very few ubercart-ready good theme (TopNotch themes are not good for our magazine style design for content) so we are thinking of purchasing general drupal theme and then customize it ourselves for ubercart.

Please direct us to the right resources, and if you had written some tutorials, it would be really great.

I was going through the theming section of this forum and found that node-product.tpl is not available by default for editing, same is the case with other pages. Let me know if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance.

mykz-'s picture
Juice: 210
Hey mayankgrd, Sorry for my

Hey mayankgrd,

Sorry for my late reply I've been swamped with some current module work.

Right so let me answer you questions best I can.

The theme depends how advance your store is and what feature you will require but in all honestly I always code my own themes for each project from scratch as each store is different in it's own way but don't quote me on it as I haven't used any ubercart themes so would be unsure of a good resource for you.

What I would suggest is outline all your features, build your structure and make sure the base structure works before you look at even theming drupal/uc.

As for the node-product.tpl.php you would need to create this node template for your theme you intend to purchase as default themes doesn't come with these extra templates and make sure you create a node.tpl.php which should come with the default theme.

You would also need to create any other templates for the other modules you use.

if you have any more questions drop me a pm and I can consult you more I also write and setup bespoke themes, modules and consult on e-commerce setup.

Hope this helps.

nightlife2008's picture
Juice: 51

Just throw in Display Suite into the mix and your template mess is solved...

As for D6, I created this exact node-product.tpl.php layout for my products @ www.wenskaartenshop.be/ . I could post the code if needed.