3 replies [Last post]
Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Was this information Helpful?

I've yet to post up a broad roadmap for Ubercart, but a big item on the list is to continue to make it easier for Ubercart to be themed/tweaked. Currently, our modules have hardcoded styles and an insufficient use of classes. A lot of this was due to quick coding and oversight on our part as we created the modules. Some of it was also due to ignorance and best practices. We've been working to fix this up in core, but there's just a lot we're going to miss.

So, to help the effort, I'd like this thread to become a backlog of things that need to be changed in core to solidify our styles and clean up our .css files. I'm pretty sure there are unused properties floating around in there, and I'm more sure there are things we could be doing better in the module code.

I must confess that I don't consider these changes to be important enough to hold up a 1.0 release, although others may disagree. Currently you can still override things in your themes, it's just not as easy/consistent as we'd like it to be. My goal will be for any items that show up on this backlog to be changed when we update Ubercart 1.0 for Drupal 6. We can then readdress the situation and audit the code for any further changes when work begins in earnest on Ubercart 2.0.

Thanks for all your help, and a big thanks to those who have donated time and patches in the past to bring the code to where it is now!

Chris Herberte's picture
Juice: 49
Re: Backlog - Moving styles out of modules into .css files

uc_payment.module has no .css

uc_checkout_pane_payment()
$contents['shown_total'] #value div element styling to .css please!

joeph's picture
Juice: 25
+1 for this Patch is here:

+1 for this
Patch is here: http://drupal.org/node/933296

Kayleigh's picture
Juice: 3
seo Newcastle

In the future it is fast approaching, all websites should have sensitive designs, as users come to expect. Therefore, in a couple of years, companies that build web sites that do not respond will have to pay for a new place to compensate their lack users on your website.