We've been doing a lot of Ubercart theming lately, and I wanted to open a brainstorming thread for both small and major things that would improve theming for UC.
Here are some of the issues we've noticed:
- inconsistent use of - and _ in id/class names
- use of markup for styling instead of spans/divs, eg.
<td class="cart-block-summary-total"><strong>Total:</strong> $913.71</td>
- using img tags for images inline instead of via CSS so they can be changed (*cough* icons in cart block *cough*)
- also another example of inline stuff that's hard to adjust, the (View cart) (Checkout) links in cart-block-summary-checkout
- lack of wrapper div around or additional class on each item such as displayed product fields or attributes -- for example, without busting it out in a template file, it's impossible to apply styling to or around all displayed product fields like weight, dimensions, etc.
- use of tables for, well, everything
- lack of identifying class for all UC elements, like tables and form buttons -- for example, if we wanted to apply a certain styling to all UC-related tables, like view cart, checkout, review cart, etc., or all of the submit buttons on cart/checkout pages, we'd have to list them all individually