Here's an announcement everyone who uses this site can appreciate... we now have a vastly improved search system courtesy of Mike O'Connor who took the time during and after Ubercamp to install and configure Apache Solr. This provides much faster searching and a few very handy blocks that let you sort and filter your search results!
- Sort results based on node title, author, and date.
- Filter results by forum so you can search specifically the support forum if you're trying to find the answer to a question.
- Filter results by contribution type or category if you're trying to find a module for a specific purpose.
- Filter by author to find a year-old post that you're pretty sure torgosPizza made but you can't remember when...
- Filter by content type to search just forum posts, issues, contributions, etc.
So, fast faceted searching and no more duplicate results... Woohoo!
Mike blogged about the setup if you're interested to know more. He's also cooking up an integration of Ubercart with Solr that would bring these rockin' faceted search features to a store catalog near you. (Anyone up for an open source NewEgg?) Keep an eye on that project.