Two-Day Crash Course
In two days, participants will build from scratch a rock solid, commercially supported, aesthetically pleasing community website with an online store, without writing a single line of custom code.
Course numbers strictly limited - maximum 12 participants. Book now!
Brought to you by:
- AF83, leading web- and online-community development experts
- Commerce Guys providers of full-service Drupal commerce solutions
The course project will be to create a community and e-commerce website for a Rock band based on Acquia Drupal and Ubercart that includes the following features:
- Audio and video content
- Tour dates and event calendar
- Fan forums
- Ubercart store:
- t-shirts and other apparel
- music downloads
- access to premium content
Who? When? Where? How Much?
- CommerceGuys: Mike O'Connor
- AF83: Joeri Poesen
When: 19 & 20 January, 9:00-17:00 (incl. 1-hour lunch break + coffee breaks)
This would be a great follow-on course for attendees of DrupalCamp Germany, which takes place in Cologne on January 17th and 18th, 2008.
Where: GFU, Cologne, Germany
(Also the location of DrupalCamp Germany)
Cost: â‚¬300 per participant
Maximum number of participants: 12
Book now to take advantage of this great opportunity!
- Approaching and planning an e-commerce project, choosing features and identifying pitfalls.
- Building a community website in a few hours using Acquia Drupal.
- Implementing an online store using Ubercart.
- Making it look great with a commercial-grade theme from TopNotch Themes.
Expertise level - Easy/Medium
To fully benefit from this course, you should be comfortable setting up and administering Drupal 6.x websites and administering users, roles, permissions and vocabularies. You should be familiar with using CCK to create customized content types and be at least familiar with the Views module (version 1 or 2).
No coding required! We will not be writing custom code during the workshop but we might show some code snippets here and there that could help you out.