This module adds support for calculating Florida Discretionary Surtax in Ubercart. Florida Discretionary Surtax is added to the standard Florida state tax (currently 6%) and limited the the first $5000 of the order. The Florida Discretionary Surtax amount is calculated by determining the delivery county for the order and adding that counties surtax amount to the normal state tax.
All of this is handled by this module. Florida also uses a 'bracket system' ( http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/forms/2005/dr2x.pdf ) for calculating the taxes. Currently the module does not account for this. Instead it calculates the tax amount by using straight percentages.
- Install and enable the module.
- Create a tax rule in the Ubercart Tax module.
- Click the "Add Florida Discretionary Surtax" option in the tax rule.
- Create a workflow-ng rule for the above event.
- Set the condition to "Check an order's delivery zone" and set the zone to "Florida"
- Set the action to "Charge FL discretionary tax" | * Note: Do not use the action created by your tax rule.
Now your Florida customer's will be charged the correct amount of sales tax (minus the bracket system).
|uc_taxes_floridasurtax.tar (2010 Version)||234.5 KB|