Why use PayPal with Ubercart?
PayPal is the fast, easy, secure way to get paid. Accept credit cards and PayPal online, and give your customers access to financing through PayPal Credit (subject to credit approval). Offering PayPal and PayPal Credit on your site can help you increase sales and get larger orders. Plus, they add credibility to your site and let you tap into millions of active buyers who look for these trusted payment options.
What services are integrated?
All-in-One Payment Solutions
- PayPal Payments Standard - Customers are redirected to PayPal after reviewing their order to complete payment and return to your Ubercart site once payment is completed.
- PayPal Payments Advanced - Customers checkout through Ubercart and PayPal is used as a payment gateway for you to process credit card, PayPal, and PayPal Credit payments from within your site. Customers never leave your site.
- PayPal Payments Pro - Customers checkout through Ubercart and PayPal is used as a payment gateway for you to process credit card, PayPal, and PayPal Credit payments from within your site. Customers never leave your site. PayPal Payments Pro offers additional advanced features over PayPal Payments Advanced, including virtual terminal for phone, fax, and mail payments.
PayPal as an Additional Payment Method
- PayPal Express Checkout - Customers are redirected to PayPal where they login to their PayPal accounts. After successful login they are then sent back to your Ubercart site to finish checkout, choosing a shipping method and providing a company name/phone number if needed before approving the total payment.
PayPal Payment Gateway
- Payflow Pro - Customers checkout through Ubercart and PayPal provides the transaction processing as a payment gateway to submit credit cards for processing using your merchant account.
Instant Payment NotificationsThe Ubercart PayPal module is setup to accept Instant Payment Notifications (IPN) from PayPal. This means that any time someone completes an order using PayPal, your site will receive a confirmation message from PayPal that Ubercart uses to verify completed payments. When an IPN is received, its data is verified and the payment is then logged to the appropriate order. The Transaction ID is logged to the order and displayed for your customers to review any time they log into their accounts and check their order histories.
What does it take to get started?In order to use PayPal as your payment solution, you must have a PayPal account. Signing up is really simple, and you can support the Ubercart project by using our referral link below. Once you have signed up, you need to verify your account and upgrade to a Premier or Business Account depending on the service you wish to use. Consult the appropriate documentation and customer service on their website. Business Accounts are charged a monthly fee but give you access to the Website Payments Pro option. Scroll down for more detailed instructions.
Support UbercartBy becoming PayPal certified, Ubercart is now listed in the PayPal Solutions Directory. This gives us great exposure and the chance to display links that let people sign up as referred by Ubercart. If you don't have any other way to support the Ubercart project, simply using our referral link to sign up for your PayPal account and using PayPal as your payment solution will help support continued development. Referral link: https://www.paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=6NXAPNGSS6DFJ
Detailed Account Setup Instructions:Step 1: Set Up a Verified PayPal Business Account Customers who don't have an existing PayPal account:
- Go to PayPal.
- Click Sign Up Today.
- Set up an account for Business Owners.
- Follow the instructions on the PayPal site.
- Go to PayPal.
- Click the Upgrade your Account link.
- Click the Upgrade Now button.
- Choose to upgrade to a Business account and follow instructions to complete the upgrade.
- If you haven't already, add a bank account to become a Verified member. Follow the instructions on the PayPal site. This process may take 2-3 business days.
- Go to PayPal.
- Click the Merchant Services tab.
- Click Website Payments Pro (U.S. Only).
- Click Sign Up Now.
- Fill in your information, and submit your application. Approval takes between 24 and 48 hours.
- Once approved, accept the Pro billing agreement. Check the Getting Started section on the upper left of your account overview page.
- Log in to your PayPal account and click the Profile subtab.
- Click the API Access link under the Account Information column.
- Click the Request API Credential link.
- Select the API Signature credential.
- Browse to the Payment gateways tab in your Ubercart Payment settings menu and fill in the API credentials information in the PayPal Website Payments Pro settings section of the page.