I'd like to add some documentation for an under-documented contrib module but am not sure where.. So here is a first stab
Installing and using the Ubercart contributed UC Sell CCK Fields Access module is easy with a little guidance.
- Download, install, and enable the module under Ubercart Extra - UC Sell CCK Fields Access
- Create your cck "product" nodes as usual (Ubercart > Manage Classes)
- Append any cck fields to which you wish to sell access (under the usual CCK content Manage Fields)
Note: Be sure this cck node type is an Ubercart product for the next step..
- Protect the fields under Admin > Content > Content field privacy: /admin/content/uc_sell_cck
This page lists all your Product classes and any CCK fields that can be protected.
- Adjust the workflow/Conditional Actions to add Grant CCK field access to customer
- ...Not sure what to do from here! At this point, when the order is complete and the user is authenticated, he can now see the CCK when viewing the product..... There's got to be a better way at this point, but this will get you up and running.
Ex. I wanted to sell links, so I protected the CCK Links field on a CCK node using this module.