ECO (Extra Customization Options for Ubercart) provides additional ("extra") options to customize Ubercart.
Some of the functionality provided also includes a degree of integration with other contributed modules like Legal, Webform, and Ubercart Discount Coupons. Among the customization options are using URL parameters to auto-apply coupons in checkout, requiring new customers to choose a password, and integration with the Webform module to pre-populate address fields in checkout.
-- REQUIREMENTS --
Ubercart 2.3 - This module requires the newest version of Ubercart (2.3) because it was re-engineered towards the end of initial development to take advantage of Ubercart API changes. The ECO: Webform sub-module is an exception and can be used with earlier versions (it adds additional pre-built lists for Webform select form options).
-- CURRENT FEATURES --
* Make passwords required for new customers.
* Remove attribute labels in cart when a particular attribute option is not select/empty.
* Country, US States, Canadian province pre-built lists for Webform module select (list) element options - i.e. import/synchronize country, states, provinces with the settings in Ubercart (example: if you only have 48 US States allowed in Ubercart, a Webform select list can display the same 48 states without entering them manually).
* Integration with Webform - pass name, address, and other fields directly to the billing pane in Ubercart checkout. It features an edit button to allow changes during checkout.
* Same as above for the customer information pane (i.e. pass email address for anonymous users).
* Integration with Webform includes same code for webform processing, including adding a product to the shopping cart when the webform is submitted.
* Display terms and conditions from the Legal module (i.e. if specifically using the Legal module / display the same terms as the registration form without additional work).
* Integrate with Ubercart Discount Coupons, allowing URLs to be used to auto-apply coupons in checkout - useful for online advertising. (Example: adding "?coupon=COUPON_CODE" to a URL or "?coupon=no" to disable). This can be added to any site URL regardless of whether checkout is the next step / page request.
-- INSTALLATION --
* Install as usual, see http://drupal.org/node/70151 for further information.
-- CONFIGURATION --
Please visit the Help Page first (if installed on your site) and/or navigate to:
Administer >> Store administration >> Configuration >> ECO settings.
The information and options presented on this page depend in part on the modules currently installed on your system. You should generally find messaging on this page to indicate additional modules which could be installed for which ECO provides customization and integration options.
-- ADDITIONAL --
This module comes with a Help page. Additional updates to the help page, support for Advanced Help, and a Drupal Handbook page are planned.
There are no current plans to backport this for Drupal 5.x / Ubercart 1.x or Ubercart versions 2.2 and earlier (because the API in Ubercart 2.3 is better!) unless there is strong request and sponsorship to make this feasible.