This module allows you to transfer stock and price data between an Übercart online store and CSV files. It can export product prices, stock levels and product option prices to CSV files and import updated versions of those same files to adjust prices and stock levels.
27 April 2012 The Ubercart 3 / Drupal 7 version uc_stock_update-7.x-2.1.0-beta1 is now available for testing. See
This is a fairly substantial rewrite, so there are bound to be bugs and typos in this test release. Please let me know if you find any problems. I've redesigned the module so that it can be fairly easily extended to import and export extra fields and tables if required. At this stage I haven't tested this extensibility. If you're familiar with writing Drupal modules, feel free to write an extension module and let me know how you go. See the README.txt for more information.
Originally derived from jorditr's original Stock & Price CSV Updater, this module has the following features:
- Writes and reads RFC-4180 compliant CSV files (unlike code based on PHP's fgetcsv() function, which doesn't handle quote escaping correctly).
- Uses column headings to identify columns. This allows you to reorder or add new columns in the downloaded CSV file before importing it back into your store. It also guards against accidentally importing the wrong CSV file.
- Updates prices only for the current revision of a product, leaving prices for other revisions alone.
- Handles both product prices and product option prices
See the module's README.txt file for installation details.
2 March 2012. An Ubercart 3.x version is currently about 50% complete. It should be finished sometime in April 2012.
Updated 6 October 2011 version 6.x-2.0.2
(The "releases" feature of http://ubercat.org/projects/ seems to be broken, so I've gone back to using attachments - see below)
- Fixed spurious "no match" error when new
values match old values. See
Updated 17 January 2011
It seems like 2.0.1 is working well for people, so I thought it was about time I made a formal "release" on ubercart.org - see the downloads section above. There's no new code - I've just used the uc_stock_update-6.x-2.0.1.tar.gz attachment below as release 2.0.1.
Updated 2 September 2010 version 6.x-2.0.1
- Added work-around for bug in Internet Explorer that prevents downloading CSV files over SSL. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323308/en-us
- Added product name to exported fields. This helps to identify each product.
- Added active-stock flag to exported and imported fields
- Adopted a naming convention for the column names. Columns used as keys on import have names in upper case. Columns containing new values have names that are capitalized.